Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Serendipity

Couple of weeks ago, I finished reading Paulo Coelho's Aleph. Based on the synopsis on the back cover, this book is "his most personal novel to date". Anyway, every piece of writing is always personal to the writer and in my opinion we will never know how much personal this book to Paulo Coelho. In this novel, Paulo met Hilal who was "the woman Paulo loved five hundred years before". The story told us about how both of them knew some unexplainable things between them from the very short time they knew each other and then they were attracted to each other throughout the story. While I was reading this in Aleph, I thought I experienced the same thing too.

More than two years ago I met this person. It was a serendipity to the fullest. I did things outside my habit and character, then I met and talked to this person, and eventually we became friends, even we regarded ourselves as siblings, connected via souls rather than mere blood or genetic materials. We talked and had such long discussions on various things. We had our differences but we surprised ourselves, provided we only had met for a little while but we understood each other well and easily. I had a theory (and I still believe in it) that language and geographical barrier helped us to be slower in our friendship and these would lead us to misunderstand each other less.

It's not that we didn't have any fights at all. We had disagreements but we always tried to talk them through and never left any problems untouched. But still we did mistakes and hurt each other. Then afterwards we made up and made ourselves and our relationship better. It was a kind of perfect relationship.

The last time we talked to each other, it was me who hurt my soul-sibling.

I can say now that I really miss my soul-sibling.

I believe that a fight is necessary to make progress in our life. But I've been pondering from time to time whether this fight was necessary, whether I could avoid it if I was wiser, whether it happened for the best. Have I been wiser now??  Well, I don't know. I'm learning my way and I hope I'm on the right way to become better.

Here is our favorite quote from Kahlil Gibran's "The Prophet":
"For what is your friend that you should seek him with hours to kill?
Seek him always with hours to live.
For it is his to fill your need, but not your emptiness.
And in the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures.
For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed."

Love you.. always.


Side note:

No comments: