Monday, January 08, 2007

Terang by Glenn Fredly

Glenn Fredly is one of the most talented musician from Indonesia, and he is one of my favorite artist. I really like his voice as a vocalist, his performance as an entertainer, and all his songs and lyrics. "Terang" (Light in English) is the first song from his Christmas album. This song's lyric is very inspiring... and really great. This is the lyric in Indonesian (taken from Anggri's blog):

Jadilah terang, jangan di tempat yang terang
Jadilah terang, di tempat yang gelap

Jadilah jawaban, jangan hanya kau diam
Jadilah jawaban, di luar rumahmu

Hooooo.... Jadilah jawaban
Hooooo.... Jadilah terang

Jadilah garam, jangan di tengah lautan
Jadilah harapan, jangan hanya berharap

Jadilah jawaban, jangan hanya ucapan
Jadilah jawaban, jangan tambahkan beban

Hooooo.... Jadilah jawaban
Hooooo.... Jadilah terang

Kedamaian yang kita inginkan
Hanya ada bila hati kita bersama

Hooooo.... Jadilah jawaban
Hooooo.... Jadilah terang

Hooooo.... Jadilah jawaban
Hooooo.... Jadilah terang

Hooooo.... Jadilah jawaban
Hooooo.... Jadilah terang

Jadilah terang

And here my English translation from the lyric (post a comment if you find any mistakes :D hehe.. sorry for my inadequate English):

Be the light, not at the bright place
Be the light, at the dark place

Be the answer, don’t you keep silent
Be the answer, outside your home

Hooooo.... be the answer
Hooooo.... be the light

Be the salt, not in the midst of the sea
Be the hope, don’t just hoping

Be the answer, not just word
Be the answer, don’t be a burden

Hooooo.... be the answer
Hooooo.... be the light

There will be the peace we all want
If our heart go together

Hooooo.... be the answer
Hooooo.... be the light

Hooooo.... be the answer
Hooooo.... be the light

Hooooo.... be the answer
Hooooo.... be the light

Be the light

What do you think about this lyric?? It's really peaceful I think.

Speaking about music, I bought "Spiral" album on Christmas holiday last year (last year doesn't mean one year ago :P) which I really want. Fortunately, the CD reappeared in the store and I immediately bought it (read my post about it). I really love Hiromi's music too. All of the songs in this "Spiral" album are full of feel, love, and energy. And speaking about music again, Incognito released a new album on August 2006. I can't wait the album to be released in Indonesia. It's the time to check the music store...

My first post this year...
My plan for the second post is some of my resolution this year...

7 comments:

Devi Girsang, MD said...

Happy new year Adi!

First post of 2007 ey..as for the lyrics, I think they're fine. Hehehe... Never heard the song before anyways..

Devi Girsang, MD said...

Di...you've been linked too. Consider there's already "dee" name, so I link you in the name of "Adi". Do you want me to put you full name? Please tell me if you do so. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Hmm.. it is a new year theme song at Global TV I think. I don't know for sure. I haven't watched TV a lot recently :)

Wow... answered in 21 minutes. It's fine Dev. Thanks anyway.

Anonymous said...

So, you're gonna write every post in english?? Good resolution! Can't wait for the second post .. :)

Unknown said...

Not every post Jay. I still want to write in Indonesian too. But I will try to write a lot of things in English.

Anonymous said...

Tadi baru denger lagunya..
Bagus yak.. :)

Unknown said...

Yoi Bram :D